We may additionally encounter essential matters in our everyday lifestyles. Maximum of the instances we fail to spot the bizarre issue in it. With the growth in generation, use of a pc which became a luxury as soon as upon a time became a need. Within the present scenario of Tech international, there may be no wonder if everybody says that pc is an vital part of a human. Although you will be using the pc for plenty days, most in all likelihood there might be many things which have been unknown to you. In case you are using the computer for plenty days, then here’s a question for you.
Once notice the names of the hard disk drives:
Have you ever wondered why the names of drives start from “C”.
Where had the A and B drives gone?
Here is a clue for you. Do you know about the Floppy Drives? Just have a look at it.
Here is the answer:
- Hard disk drives became standard since 1980.
- Before hard disk drives, Floppy disk drives were used as the storage devices.
- Floppy disk drives were the initial storage devices. They came to existence since 1960’s.
- Floppy disks came in two sizes 5 1/4 ” and 3 1/2″.
- Those two floppy disk drives were labelled as Local Disk (A) and Local Disk (B)
- After the invention of Hard disk, floppy disk of size 8 inch came into existance.
- Presently Floppy disk drives and Floppy disk drivess replaced the floppy disks.
This is the reason behind the labelling of hard drives. As a result, drives other than default drive (C) labelled as D, E etc. DVD drive and USB drive are labelled as F, G and so on.
Though “C” drive comes as the default, you can change it to A or B if you have the administrative rights.